Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Decorating the Dining Room for Christmas

Fairies abound everywhere in my dining room. Simply using what is already in the room is a great way to decorate without a lot of work. A bow tied around her neck and an evergreen wreath placed upon her head adds just the right Christmas touch in this blue and white room.
This is my mystical white fairy tree. New this year, I've added the sparkly glass church ornaments and the glitter snowflakes.
Add a touch of greenery to the chandelier above your dining table and some dangling ornaments!
A closeup of my tree topper. Isn't she elegant?
Lots and lots more glitter and sparkle!
I still have to have just a touch of the traditional green and red to brighten up the room. This lamb was purchased on eBay last year from a lady who uses her own special mix and makes these from old molds.
I painted these blocks years ago when I first started painting and have always had them in the kitchen. But, this year they just seem to look better on top of my hutch. I added a touch of evergreen and then the blue and white china ornaments and blue and white plaid ribbon.
This wreath has always been in the entry. But, upon closer inspection the sparkles in it look great with all the other glitter in the dining room. I centered it over one of my hanging transferware plates.
This fairy was given to me by my neighbor and dear friend Linda. I placed a wreath on her arm and an antique ornament is attached at the bottom. She is blowing the glittery mica that I poured in her shell. I've seen this same fairy in one of Nell Hill's books on a buffet with sugar in the shell and a tiny sugar spoon.



3 comments:

  1. Catherine,
    Well...just one word - BEAUTIFUL!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherine,
    Your dining room is lovely! That tree is amazing!! I love the idea of the mica on the shell!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your icy blue and white winter decor, especially the fairy blowing the mica! Everythign looks so warm and cozy!
    Miss Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your sweet comments!