Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Almond Tea and Chalk One Up

Yesterday was our anniversary. I've been married to the same sweet man for 35 years and I've been blessed by his friendship since early childhood. We went to school together as children and had been neighbors. Rick was reading what friends had written in our old year books and ran across several of my friends in the 8th grade that had written "Good Luck with R.H." We both couldn't figure out why his initials were referred to since we didn't date until high school. I told him it must have stood for Roosevelt High, but he's convinced that I had a crush on him before we dated. I'm sure he's right.
It's time to open those windows and fill your home with the scent of freshly mowed grass before cold weather sets in. I know that sounds crazy since it's August, but our weather has been heavenly. I ran around the house opening all the windows and cleaned out all the window sills yesterday. I cleaned the house thoroughly and then sat down to enjoy a glass of "Almond Tea". I've shared the recipe below so you can enjoy a glass yourself.
"Almond Tea"
2 quarts (8 cups) water
1 1/2 cup sugar
4 tsp. slightly rounded instant tea
1 Tablespoon almond extract
1/2 cup lemon concentrate (bottle)
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix above then add:
3 cups of cold water & serve iced.
Makes 3 quarts.
Enjoy a tall glass and count your blessings!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary, Catherine, and wishing you many more!

    I wish we were having some of that cool weather that you're getting. I guess it will come in good time. Thanks for the almond tea recipe. It sounds so good!

    Enjoy your day!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Cathie! How wonderful to have married someone that you grew up with.

    Our weather here has been rainy...we need it thought...
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! And I'm enjoying this weather we're having in Kansas City, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Happy Anniversary Catherine, to you and your husband.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cathie :)

    Happy Anniversary! Have you ever sold a painting with your story? I loved that one about your yearbooks :)

    I have all my windows open too. Isn't it heavenly?

    My mom also makes a mayonnaise cake! We all love it and you're right, it's a really moist cake :)

    hugs,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary Catherine!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! 35 years, that is wonderful. May you have lots more.

    Happy Middle of the Week.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 35th Anniversary! That's wonderful!!!! And I love how you were able to open up the windows and let the breeze in. I wish we could do that but the temps are in the triple digits right now. I'll just enjoy the cyber-breezes blowing from your direction. ;)

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your sweet comments!