Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Dining Room Christmas Decorations

Christmas decorations seem to add that special warm glow that takes my breath away  each morning when the sun is barely peeking up over the horizon through our dining room windows.

My sweet fairie tree....





The soft glow of lamp light...


I know I should someday paint this buffet white, but I'm having a difficult time making myself do that.  I don't like regrets.  By the time I decide to do it, painted furniture will be out and stained furniture will be in.  Am I the only one with this problem?


A hand painted clock and another sweet fairie....


Decorations by the front entry to greet our guests.....


Candle light and glitter everywhere....



and angels in the snow...


Do you decorate every room in your house for Christmas?


12 comments:

  1. Your dining room looks lovely with it's holiday dress....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do agonize over painting furniture. I finally have it figured out. If the wood is damaged in any way, I will paint it. If the wood is good, I won't. I try to decorate every room a wee bit. I've not done so well this year, though.

    Can't wait to see your hairdo! Next Monday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your decorations are truly beautiful! I love your fairy tree and, yes, I have a tendency to want to decorate every room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your secret fairy tree is charming. I think your buffet is pretty as is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your decorations, and I agree with you on the painted buffet. DON't. I think we have a few pieces that are painted it's o.k. but not everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All that warm light looks so cozy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. AAAhhh...an angel in the snow..so simple and perfect! I love your beautiful decorations! And yes, I decorate a little in every room! It makes me happy! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I tend to add alil Christmas magic to every room!

    I love your fairy tree :-)
    Guess what I have that same fairy that you have next to your buffet! I also have her sister that is sitting! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

    I say paint the buffet....
    go for it!
    {this coming from a girl who went from antiques to painted furniture back to antiques mixed with painted furniture} :-)

    Smiles, Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for posting these pictures! I too love fairies and have some of the same ones as you, even the great big one. I never thought of using them to decorate for Christmas and it looks so elegant. You have inspired me. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Catherine, everything looks beautiful! Your decorations look lovely in the warm glow of lamp light and candle light. So cozy and inviting.

    Yes, I decorate every room in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks so gorgeous! No, I don't decorate every room...I think I might end up in divorce court if I went that far! LOl

    Hugs,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dining room looks beautiful Catherine, full of holiday spirit and elegance. I wish you the happiest of holidays.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your sweet comments!