Friday, December 19, 2014

Our Christmas Tree

I'm sure that everyone is busy shopping, decorating, and baking but I wanted to share my tree this year and show you the difference between last years tree and this years.

"2013 Tree"  
(this now belongs to our son)

"2014 Tree"
My sister gave us the beautiful desk on the left and this is where I fill my print orders.  When she sold her home she was getting rid of several pieces of furniture and I was the lucky recipient of this piece made by a friend of hers.  I didn't realize how skinny my old tree was for this area.


I hung the kids stockings on the coat rack this year because the shelf with the pegs is gone.


Jersey decided to photo bomb...


and once again without Jersey….


Rick keeps telling me I should clean the glass on the stove door before taking pictures, so please don't  judge me.  There's just too much to do around here.


I'm taking photos at my son's house today, so I'll be able to show you how our old skinny tree fits into his cozy cottage.
Off to make peanut butter fudge and wrap presents!

Check out the link to Kelly's blog The Lilypad Cottage.  This is where I got the inspiration for my tree this year because we bought the same flocked tree from Walmart.  Her home is lovely!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Catherine, your home is so beautiful. I love the tree, all the decor and that beautiful fire-place. Wow! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how pretty your new tree looks! Love the old truck with tree in the back! You've really got the picture taking down right too! I can't seem to get the lights to show up pretty in my pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house looks gorgeous! And I enjoyed seeing photos of your son's place, too! I have some of your holiday art out on display. I love your winter scenes! Merry Christmas sweet friend! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just went back to look at the library table I posted today....you can see one of your prints on the bookcase behind it. You know how much I love your art! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your sweet comments!